A new furnace installation in Decatur can help you increase energy efficiency and comfort, all while offering a level of reliability that can last for years. But there are additional benefits to installing a new furnace, as we’ll outline below. Fall offers a great window of time in which to install a new furnace, and hiring experience professionals ensures that your installation will be done quickly, efficiently and correctly. If you are ready for a new furnace, call the people you can count on: Cool Air Mechanical.
Two Types of Furnaces
We carry two types of furnaces at Cool Air Mechanical: electric and gas. Each has its own way of operating and benefits:
Electric furnaces use heating elements to heat air directly. A large intake fan at the bottom of the cabinet draws air into the cabinet and blows it over the hot coils. The newly-warmed air is then blown into the ductwork to your living spaces. Some of the benefits of an electric furnace are:
- Very good energy efficiency – because electric furnaces do not burn fossil fuels, they can have an energy efficiency rating as high as 100%.
- You do not need a gas line – some homes do not have access to a natural gas line, whereas electricity is widely available.
- Safety – while no heating system is guaranteed to be 100% safe, there is no need to worry about toxic fumes with an electric furnace.
- Clean – because an electric furnace doesn’t burn fuel to operate, the system stays clean, which is helpful when it comes to annual maintenance.
Gas furnaces tap into the natural gas line near your home. The gas is fed into the combustion chamber where it meets with air and a flame erupts. This flame heats the heat exchanger, where the warm air is then blown into your home. Some of the benefits of a gas furnace are:
- Fast, hot heat – gas heat is about 130 degrees. As such, it heats your home quickly.
- Good energy efficiency – gas furnaces can have an energy efficiency rating as high as 98%.
- Burns cleanly – gas burns the cleanest of any fossil fuels.